What Do My Results Mean?
The results will be displayed with the units of mg/ml. This is the number of mg per every 1 ml of material (THC or CBD) in your solution. You can change the Units to mg/tsp or mg/tbsp by
- Click the “For You” image at the bottom right. This will take you to your log.
- Locate the result you’d like to change the units to and click it.
- At the “Select an Action” screen click “Edit”.
- At the Units field change to the units you’d prefer.
- Click “Save Reading” button at the bottom.
Do I Need to Filter My Concentrates?
Yes, the tCheck works by shining light through your material to read its concentration. If your material isn’t filtered, there is the potential to misread your results as over our measured range (>15 mg/ml). Please make sure you are using clarified butter and that all of your concentrates are well filtered.
Why Is My tCheck Frozen With All Purple Lights?
There are two things that may be happening.
- Your device needs to be updated and purple lights represent DFU mode. You’ll need to update your device. Open the app on your phone, click Settings, Check for Updates; or
- You may have held down the power button too long and initiated DFU mode by accident. The ONLY way to get rid of the purple lights is to remove the batteries and reinstall batteries, then press (do not hold) the power button to turn your device on. A fix for this will be released with firmware update 3.5.0.
How Do You Clean the Tray?
- Wash with warm water and dish soap (Dawn, etc.) or 91% alcohol.
- Do not use an abrasive scrubber like a sponge.
- Do not use solvents that contain acetone or essential oils that will permanently damage the tray.
- Using a drying/cleaning cloth that has been washed with fabric softener will damage the tray.
- Using Puffs (brand) kleenex will damage the tray (it has lotion in them)
Will Adding Lecithin to My Infusions Change the Test Results or Nullify Them?
Yes, we do not support lecithin so we suggest that if your final product will contain lecithin you test your material first, and then add the lecithin after testing.