Periodically, your device needs a firmware update to ensure it is working properly.
You will be prompted in the tCheck app when you need an update, but you can also check for yourself.
To update your device to the current firmware version, please follow these instructions:
1) Insert batteries and turn the tCheck 2 on. The lights will be all green for a moment, then they will change to Blue and Green once the device is ready to connect.
2) On your mobile phone, open the tCheck app.
3) Go to Settings (This is located in the top right corner of your home screen) -> select “Check for updates”.
4) Select Device (The device will be labeled as tCheck2). If you do not see your device, make sure your phone’s Bluetooth and Location are on.
5) A screen will appear that will rather say “You are up to date!” Or it will say “You need to update your firmware”. This screen will also tell you the latest firmware version that we have released, as well as your current firmware version.
6) If you are up to date, then select “Return Home” to begin your testing! If it says, “You need to update your firmware”, then you can select “Update Firmware” at the bottom of the screen to begin.
7) You will then be asked to turn off your device by holding the power button for 3 seconds.
8) With your device off, hold the power button down until the device lights turn to purple.
9) Release the device power button. And select “Purple lights are on”
10) Select your device again from the prompted list. The device should read “tCheck2_DFU”.
11) You will now see a loading bar as your device updates.
Once the update is complete, you will have the option to confirm that your update was successful.
If you select yes, follow the following instructions:
1) Select your device it should read “tCheck2”
2) A screen will appear that will rather say “You are up to date!” Or it will say “You need to update your firmware”. If you need to update, please follow steps 6 through 11.
If you have followed the instructions above for your mobile device type and continue to have a problem updating your firmware, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.